The initial cleanup operation has collected so far 290,000 cubic yards of Hurricane Irma debris, an amount significantly higher than Hurricane Wilma. More than 80 debris collection trucks will continue servicing all zones throughout Coral Gables for subsequent collection passes.
To prevent pickup delays, please continue to keep vegetative debris piles separate from the non-vegetative piles. Specialized crews have already made great progress on cutting hanging limbs and leaning trees citywide. There will also be crews tasked with removing what remains of larger City-tree-related debris and tree stumps.
These operations will generate new piles, which will be collected on subsequent passes by hauling crews.
This is how you can help:
• Do not to place any debris materials in the vicinity of storm drains. This will prevent any flooding caused by rains.
• Do not place piles in a manner that blocks the travel lanes of the road or the sidewalk.
• Do not comingle broken furniture, discards or household refuse in vegetation piles;
• Do not comingle trash bags filled with leaves;
• Include only landscape debris materials;
• If your landscape service is assisting in cutting/clearing your property, limbs and branches must be cut to 4'-6' lengths;
• Failure to follow these FEMA requirements will result in no pickup.
As you know, garbage and recycling collection have resumed to their regular schedules. Bulk trash pickup will resume as soon as FEMA collections are completed.
Self-Haul & Drop-Off Locations
If you want to drop off your trash before the city's bulk trash pickup service resumes, you may take them to the following locations:
Dade County Solid Waste Transfer
2900 SW 72nd Ave, Miami, FL 33155
Monday - Saturday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Disposal fee of $102.71/ton applies
South Dade Landfill
23707 SW 97th Ave, Homestead, FL 33032 (Gate A)
North Dade Landfill
21500 NW 47th Ave., Miami, FL 33055
Seven days a week, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Disposal fee of $89.38/ton applies
Hotline: 305-460-5401, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
For afterhours: 305-442-1600.